2017 HR Forum Series - Best Practices for Talent Acquisition and Retention
This upcoming HR Forum will focus on Best Practices for Talent Acquisition and Retention.
Program: 3-5 pm
Networking: 5-6 pm
This HR Forum is going to give attendees the inside track on the most "bang for your buck" best practices on talent acquisition and retention. Our panel of experts will cover the essentials of how a strong brand builds company culture, how to develop the best onboarding practices so your new employees feel connected to you and your workforce, and the changing expectations around compensation and benefits in our always connected workplace.
Moderated by Mary Gambardella, Labor & Employment Practice Group Chair, Wiggin and Dana LLP, the panel on onboarding will feature experts from these notable Connecticut companies:
Natalie McLean, Director, Global Sales Training, Indeed
Li Hayes, Director of Employee Success, Core Informatics, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
Some of the topics the panel will touch on include:
Creating a positive onboarding experience from pre-onboarding through Year One
- Being more thoughtful about the employee onboarding experience
- What onboarding happens between contract signing and Day 1? Within first 30 days? Within first 90 days?
- What type of onboarding training is provided? Is there a series of onboarding check-ins/milestones?
- Managing onboarding expectations
Compensation & Benefits - Beyond health coverage - discover how "extras" can make the difference for your workforce.
- Increasing 401K contributions, financial wellness advising, and more
- Commuter stipends, summer Fridays, and flexible working locations
- Meals, snacks, and more mood booster