TaxCloud is an exciting web startup hoping you will join our rapidly growing team as a TSQL Engineer—a member of our software engineering team reporting to our Lead Database Engineer.
Want to have a job that makes a difference? We are building the infrastructure for online merchants to easily remit state sales tax across the country to fund schools, fire departments and other critical priorities for state and local governments. Now that the Supreme Court as given the green light, the states are moving forward and so are we.
As a TSQL Engineer, you will be responsible for reviewing, auditing, and sometimes refactoring complex stored procedures and functions, as well as developing meticulous internal-facing documentation and best practice guidelines. As a critical member of our product development team, you will also be expected to have strong database technology research and analysis skills, as well as strong written and verbal skills to provide expert guidance to senior management.
- Masters Degree (Maths, Physics, Computer Science) preferred
- Expert understanding of TSQL for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and greater
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Strong understanding of database concepts such as normalization, indexing, partitioning, and sharding
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Start immediately
TaxCloud is an equal opportunity employer, however, TaxCloud does not sponsor applicants for work visas.